Welcome to Channel S5
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tips Wanted!

18 replies to this topic

ForeGazer

ForeGazer

Rookie

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • S4 IGNs:Supreme.Sensei

Umm well i was wondering could i get some tips on aiming smg , smash , and revolver as in movement , what i could wait for and such 

doesnt matter who it comes from just if a few players could drop their own personal tips or something that helps them so i could come up with a style of my own but mainly what im aiming for is being able to push more with my revolver when the time comes for it , and criting more with my SMG ......smash is a work in progress

KaiShouji

KaiShouji

Semi Pro

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • S4 IGNs:KaiShouji

Well the first thing I would say is to take one of those three guns and throw it away for a sword so you can properly stop people from scoring TDs instead of having an aim-induced panic attack and most likely failing.

As for aiming, I aint know sht cause I just play however I want. The game's not worth taking that srs that I need to start having stress problems cause I can't land half a Smash Rifle or SMG clip or I can't take a 1v2 because my teammate died in 1/2 a second and all the halfway decent players wanna stack with each other.

Haru7Nyan

Haru7Nyan

Super Rookie

• Members
  • 258 posts

With smash id say aim more to the upper left of the crosshair and reset the pattern every so often

SMG just try and predict where they will be and wait for them to get close enough try to be just outside of or inside of revo range when you pull it out.

Use Revo mostly to finish or to push with kills  switch from something like your SMG to your Revo when you already have your crosshair on them this normally results in a quick kill when you get used to it.

If you want more detailed info let me know.

kurtextrem

kurtextrem

Pro

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • S4 IGNs:kurtextrem

Never forget the 1337 dodge before the 4 crit

ForeGazer

ForeGazer

Rookie

• Members
  • 32 posts
lol dodging is my problem im trying to refrain from doing that so much cause i waste alot of time and sp doing that

Hicham / Coly

Hicham / Coly

World Cup 2014 Champion

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • S4 IGNs:Hicham*

Some people strongly advise to try to hit the head with the smash rifle by setting the horizontal line on the top of your crosshair on the guy's head, while others say it's better not to care about the crits so that you land more hits, so I don't really know what's better, what I do know is that the damage of a smash crit = 2.5x the damage of a normal hit.

Some people say it's important to set the middle bullet of the revo pattern on the head of the guy to get 1 crit 1 normal hit in midrange, while others prefer to aim the mid/lower body with the center of the crosshair to have more chances to get 3-hits.

So generally Idk much about what options are better, I'm just telling you the most common ones

ForeGazer

ForeGazer

Rookie

• Members
  • 32 posts

Some people strongly advise to try to hit the head with the smash rifle by setting the horizontal line on the top of your crosshair on the guy's head, while others say it's better not to care about the crits so that you land more hits, so I don't really know what's better, what I do know is that the damage of a smash crit = 2.5x the damage of a normal hit.

Some people say it's important to set the middle bullet of the revo pattern on the head of the guy to get 1 crit 1 normal hit in midrange, while others prefer to aim the mid/lower body with the center of the crosshair to have more chances to get 3-hits.

So generally Idk much about what options are better, I'm just telling you the most common ones

thank you so much for the smash info coly and the revo thing about aiming mid lower body is what ima stick too since 1hit is kinda overrated when i can just push them off the map on left or right of train , or off eagle in temple

unkn0wn

unkn0wn

Rookie

• Judge
  • 16 posts
  • S4 IGNs:iUnkn0wn

Aiming with Subs is relatively easy: Learn the hit pattern and aim where the bullets will hit. Aiming at the torso and a bit to the left or right might help.

As for Smash... watch Harakiris video about the hit pattern first. Knowing the hit pattern makes aiming easier. I find aiming at the side where the bullet hits first (upper left or right) and keeping at it the most reliable. Then you could take a look at this video from Juri which is a perfect demonstration of how to aim good.

lol dodging is my problem im trying to refrain from doing that so much cause i waste alot of time and sp doing that

Dodging with Rev to reposition yourself can help you kill people quicker. While it may look like it takes a lot of time from your perspective, it really doesn't. And unless you're playing with an active skill or you carry the ball you shouldn't worry too much about SP.

Since Revo depends a lot on positioning and movement you could experiment with that. Dodging, sidestepping without jumping, moving into your opponent, ... Just try what fits best in different situations and you'll probably improve.

Edited by unkn0wn, 18 July 2015 - 02:33 PM.

Jeez

Jeez

Semi Pro

• Members
  • 373 posts

if you don t hit immdiately, don t just keep shooting or you will just die without dealing any damage because when dont know the spray and hitboxes like mentioned before in this thread you won t hit always right from the beginning; dodge/sidedash and try to hit again, thats what i see a lot in public s5 rooms

also try to read the enemies movement it s really easy to full combo just out of that

Edited by Jeez, 22 July 2015 - 07:21 AM.

Hicham / Coly

Hicham / Coly

World Cup 2014 Champion

• Members
  • 372 posts

Yesterday, I played with a mouse that isn't mine and that has a different DPI than mine, my aim was almost inexistant with smash rifle, but I could hit a lot with rev, which made me realize that rev is a lot about movement/anticipation, and that it isnt mostly about pure aim (well depends on how u aim too, some people use it as a rifle and just hold their left button, thats pure aim)

ForeGazer

ForeGazer

Rookie

• Members
  • 32 posts
Well i only use the mouse that came with my comp so im not able to set dpi and that stuff but like you said i do hit alot with rev and really smgs for me i kinda dont have to aim it since if i go close enough i can hold left click and trace them ..but ranged shots i tend to use the bottom line of the cursor for the 3 bullets that come from there but id like alot more info on smg rev and hg even .....also im really looking for a teacher or something like i know skill is gained thru experience but if i just play and dont know what im doing wtong its pointless tbh

Hicham / Coly

Hicham / Coly

World Cup 2014 Champion

• Members
  • 372 posts

btw read this gun balance stuff coming soon you might need to consider using the critical thingie since the push of the revo will be reduced, not sure how much tho

ForeGazer

ForeGazer

Rookie

• Members
  • 32 posts

umm could you explain more on that "horizontal line" because isnt the top of crosshair vertical or did you mean the hit pattern?

Hicham / Coly

Hicham / Coly

World Cup 2014 Champion

• Members
  • 372 posts

recoil-smash.jpg

The line forming the red orange and yellow dots

ForeGazer

ForeGazer

Rookie

• Members
  • 32 posts

well thanks coly im in a good clan now, these tips have helped me and i hope to do well for them

Hicham / Coly

Hicham / Coly

World Cup 2014 Champion

• Members
  • 372 posts

AH u're the one from earlier, I'm Morocco- ingame

ForeGazer

ForeGazer

Rookie

• Members
  • 32 posts

Oh XD didnt know that i thought you were Colay 

Edited by ForeGazer, 30 July 2015 - 12:49 AM.

Auveon_Maradox

Auveon_Maradox

Rookie

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:sewer scum
  • S4 IGNs:DeathRay StingerV - both are dead tho

Umm well i was wondering could i get some tips on aiming smg , smash , and revolver as in movement , what i could wait for and such 

doesnt matter who it comes from just if a few players could drop their own personal tips or something that helps them so i could come up with a style of my own but mainly what im aiming for is being able to push more with my revolver when the time comes for it , and criting more with my SMG ......smash is a work in progress

http://forums.chs5.n...ut-revolvering/

This is as in-depth about Revolver as it can get.

The videos linked aren't available anymore due to YouTube undermining the greatness of epicbethyname. They were pretty explanatory.

ßarßa

ßarßa

Pro

• Members
  • 1,068 posts
  • S4 IGNs:Spain.BarBa

Good Luck  :thumbsup:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users